Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh, what have I done to myself?

I intended to rise with the dawn this morning, waking fresh faced and energetic, ready to pack up Baby J into the BOB and stride like a gazelle through my first workout of the Couch-to-5K program.

Not.

I haven't been sleeping well, so despite heading to bed at 10:30, I didn't really fall asleep until after midnight, and then I crashed. When the alarm went off at 7, I was in no mood to peel myself off the mattress. Plus, Big Daddy was oddly unsupportive of my plan to run before he leaves for school. I know his schedule changes from day to day, but I also generally count on him to be home until 7:30... so I didn't (don't) understand why he was hesitant to sign off on my idea to work out in the morning. A puzzler....

I thought Plan B might work. But Big Sis was grouchy and wanted nothing to do with a bike ride this a.m. (while I run), and proceeded to whine and moan about it. I coulda forced her, but I too was in no mood to subject myself to such torture on a Monday morning. So Plan B was scrapped.

I finally came up with Plan C, and we headed to Raccoon River Park at 3:00 this afternoon. With a clever mix of bribery and iTunes, we all managed to work our way through the first workout. I felt pretty good while running, especially after the first few intervals of walking and running. I even felt good while stretching and watching Big Sis splashing in the fountain (water feature? what do you call it?).

Now? Not so much. After making 2 pies and sitting on the floor for an hour while catching up on The Pioneer Woman's Q &A... I am stiff. I am sore. I am creaky. Should your knees creak? Should your back pop? I didn't think so. Let's hope the Motrin of unknown dosage (and age) kicks in soon. I am so glad I don't have to run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Way to persevere (sp?), you still made it out. I would have given up at midnight. Proud of ya!