Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mac vs. PC

I've enjoyed the Mac vs. PC commercials since they launched a few years ago (2006). I'm a long time PC user, but appreciate the stylish sensibilities of the Apple brand as a whole. I know that if I ever want to seriously explore any sort of graphics driven hobby or possibly career, I'll have to switch to Mac, but that's not happening anytime in the near future. I'm also not one to be the first on any bandwagon, and I only obtained an iPod about 2 years ago.

I've watched Microsoft's new commercial a few times now - the one with Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates. I have to say, I am not amused. The commercial is neither funny, compelling, nor smart. It's so bad it's not even laughable, and I can say with confidence that there is nothing about it that makes me confident in Microsoft's ability to keep pace with the ever changing technology market. The punchline is Gates adjusting his shorts to confirm Seinfeld's hope of an edible PC? Has it really come to that, Bill? REALLY??

I have no idea who their target market is with that ad (my parents?), but it's definitely not me. Perhaps I'll be buying a Mac sooner than I think.

No comments: