Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

A week's update

Last week was full of busyness - which is becoming the norm around here. Big J ended up with a high fever from his injections, and I spent a nervous 24 hours watching him like a hawk. I'm so glad he's 6 months now & he can take Motrin, because that is the medicine that seems to work the best on my kids. It worked like a charm, and by Wednesday morning he was almost as good as new.


We had friends over for lunch on Thursday (A total rarity. As in so rare, I'm not sure it's ever happened before), and really enjoyed their company. I was a maniac beforehand, as always - cleaning, slicing and dicing in order to get everything ready, but it was so great just to have some adult conversation during the day.


Friday we headed out to the mall to pick up a gift for Grandma Engle (Happy Birthday! We love you!), and get ready for the Ward Campout. After a slow start with the camping, everyone had a good time. Big Sis ran around like a wild dog with the rest of the pack, and even caught a frog (we released him back into the wild). Big J and I went home that night, then drove back in the morning to pick up Big Daddy and Big Sis. She did a great job sleeping in the tent, and it was nice to hang out with other people in the ward in a laid back environment.



Sunday I was in Fall Cooking Mode. Maybe I was prepping for the Autumn Equinox? I don't know what my deal was, but I made a Black Bean Chowder (sorry Pioneer Woman, I will NOT be recommending this recipe), a loaf of white bread and 2 loaves of pumpkin bread (SO GOOD). The chowder was a flop, but everything else was delish. I know I will miss these mild, sunny days when the snow is coming down, but for now I'm wishing for blue skies, 50 degree days and a new black sweater to wear while drinking some apple cider. Where is Fall when I need it??


In other news, I am becoming a little distraught over our ongoing sleep issues. Big Sis was weaned and sleeping 12 hours a night by this time in her life, and Big J is still co-sleeping with us and waking to eat 2-6 times a night. I take full responsibility for giving him these bad habits, but am totally conflicted about how to resolve this. I don't want to wean him yet, but I need to work on better sleep habits for him. It's time for him to sleep in his own crib - and he will go to sleep there, but wakes after 45 minutes & is MAD. I hate hearing him cry, but also hate waking up all night so that he can nurse for comfort. Do I just need to stop being such a weenie and toughen up? I know, I know.... if I have to ask that question, I already know the answer. :(

No comments: