Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Obligatory School Posting


Yesterday was Big Sis' first day of preschool! She went for a few months last year, but this is her first year of officially starting with the beginning of the school year. I wasn't sad at all - she was so excited that I had nothing to be sad over. Yes, it's difficult to see my girl growing up so quickly, but she is so filled with wide-eyed wonder at the world around her, I am eager to watch her grow and explore with other kids her age. She was ready to go at 8 am, despite not starting class until 12:30. Think she was a little excited? It was a short day, filled with exploring the new classroom, and getting to know her new teacher and other students.

Big Daddy and I tried to make her feel extra special about school, so the night before we went to the mall so she could play for a while, then got pizza for dinner. After I picked her up from school we got a strawberry drink and talked about her afternoon. And then we got ice cream after dinner! Snookie's closes soon, so we had to make it there at least one more time before the end of the season. While she gobbled down her kid cone, Big Daddy let Big J have a lick of chocolate soft serve. I think he's hooked, as he started licking his lips and lunging after the cone for more. He won't eat baby food, but loves ice cream. Let's hope I can eventually teach him a little nutritional balance.

By the time we came home from ice cream, it was bath time. Big J took his first bath in the regular tub. He's not solid with his sitting up yet, so we eventually just laid him on his back and let him paddle & splash. It was a big hit.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I feel the same way when my kids start school. It just seems natural. They're ready and excited and so am I!
Way to go on the peach jam too!