Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Eighteen


Thus far, Thursday has consisted of the following:
  • Big Daddy is driving 11 hours round trip for an interview.  He'll be home around 1am.  
  • The coupon I was so excited to use today doesn't start until tomorrow. 
  • I broke the "pop hood" tab on his car when I took it in for a long overdue oil change (that might have been karma reminding us to CHANGE THE OIL MORE OFTEN). 
  • Big J had an accident while playing trains at Borders.  That kid seriously cannot think about two things at the same time.  And anything to do with trains will always win out over any other option.       
I think I'm done for the day.

PS - Am I just a big bore for not thinking the "Junie B. Jones" series is fantastic?  She seems very bratty and disrespectful.  I have not read an entire book, but what I have seen hasn't convinced me they are something I want my 1st grader reading.  Any suggestions for more appropriate early reader material?

1 comment:

sarita said...

I hate Junie B. because she doesn't use correct grammar (not that I claim to be an expert, but it's terrible). I've been out of the teaching loop just long enough that I can't remember too many early reader books, but have you tried The Little House in the Big Woods series, Roald Dahl, or Judy Blume? Those might be more advanced than you are looking for.