Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Six

I keep a collection of cooking magazines for reference, and often thumb through past issues in search of a new recipe, a fresh idea, or just to look at the beautiful photography.  One day I came across a suggestion that has worked like a charm for me.

(Image borrowed from Whiskblog.com.  Yum!)

When making baked goods, recipes often tell you to butter and flour a pan - a step I often omit in favor of parchment paper.  When baking a layer cake however, I will usually use parchment on the bottom, then butter and SUGAR the pan.  The layer pops out without difficulty & I don't need to worry about streaks of flour besmirching my lovely cake.      

2 comments:

sarita said...

Brilliant! Sugar instead of flour.

Thanks for the tip!

Viva 30 days of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Good ideas! thanks