Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Two


Last week we packed up the family truckster and made a brief trip to the great state of Ohio.  Warren is 40 miles outside of Cleveland and 15 miles from the PA border.  It was nice to take a roadtrip, even if we were gone for less then 24 hours.

As I drove around the tiny town I couldn't help but be grateful for the ability, even if it was momentary, to keep marching ever onward, eyes fixed on some far-off point.  Sometimes this road seems endless, with nary a pleasure trip or worry-free moment in sight.  But sometimes it's enough to just keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Those big moments will come, probably when they are least expected and most needed.  And even if they don't, it's the smaller moments, the ones that seem indelible yet are actually the most ephemeral, which I find truly sustaining.  When J blows me a kiss, or Big Sis lays her head on my shoulder while we read... these are what strengthen my resolve and turn my gaze ahead.  Ever Onward.

No comments: